The Leader & District Municipal Airport is a busy airport utilized by Medi-vacs, aerial spray operations, the Leader Flying Club, an aircraft maintenance facility and various aircraft flying in for meetings and to explore the area. There are also a large number of recreational pilots who use the Leader & District Municipal Airport as a fuel stop.
Other Services & Amenities
The Leader & District Municipal Airport provides the following services:
- Asphalt runway with markings, ARCAL runway lighting and lit wind sock
- On site Aircraft Maintenance Facility (Wall Air) 306-628-7752
- Hotels and restaurants within 1.5 km
- Courtesy van provided by Triod Supply and Wall Air Inc.
- Heated clubhouse with bathroom facility for anyone utilizing the airport
- 24-hour fuel available (100LL). Call before arriving for after hours service (306-628-7752)
- Overnight night tie downs available for short term parking
The Leader & District Municipal Airport is governed by a committee comprised of elected municipal officials from:
- Town of Leader
- R.M. of Happyland #231
- R.M. of Deer Forks #232
- Village of Prelate
- Village of Sceptre
- R.M. of Clinworth #230
There are also members at large who represent the Leader Flying Club and other aviation stakeholders.
Reference Point Coordinates:
- N 50 52 38
- W 109 30 02
- Elevation 2201 feet
The airport is located East of the Town of Leader along Highway 32.
- 3000’x75’ pavement
- Town of Leader: (306) 628-3868
- Wall Air: Maintenance, Fuel, oil, aerial application (306) 628-7752
- Wes Neufeld/Triod Supply: Fuel (306) 628-7700
- To request courtesy van: (306) 628-7752 or (306) 628-7700