Due to retirement, the Town of Leader is currently seeking applications for the position of RECREATION & PARKS DIRECTOR.
This is a senior position that is responsible for providing direction, leadership, and oversight to the town’s cultural, recreational, athletic, and community health and fitness programs. This position also facilitates operations and upkeep of all town owned recreation facilities and parks. A self-motivated, enthusiastic, responsible person who has highly developed leadership and supervisory skills would be best suited to this position.
Our ideal candidate would possess the following attributes:
– familiar with managing and mentoring subordinate positions
– exceptional written and oral communications
– previous experience with strategic and financial planning and budgeting processes
– ability to multi-task and prioritize needs of different facilities and programs
– be accessible on various evenings and weekends to perform job related duties
The successful candidate will need to have completed post-secondary education, as outlined in the job description, or equivalent experience and a Class 5 Driver’s License. The candidate will also be required to take courses dealing with operations of an ice rink and swimming pool.
This is a full-time, permanent position with full benefits. Salary will be negotiated based on education and experience.
A complete job description is attached.
Applications for this position will be received until Monday March 5, 2018 at 4:30 pm by the undersigned:
Rochelle Francis, Administrator
Town of Leader
P.O. Box 39
Leader, SK S0N 1H0
Phone: (306) 628-3868
Fax: (306) 628-4337
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.